I made it home from my unplugged week in sunny South Florida, and I have some cool things to share with you guys after I unpack my bags, collect my thoughts, and upload my photos.
As much as I love to travel, there is also something so great about home, sweet home. So here are my five little things inspired by coming home after traveling.
- My own bed. I am generally a fitful sleeper anyway, so you can imagine all those things being magnified in a strange bed when I travel, so there is nothing better than sleeping in your own familiar bed after having been away.
- The internet. The resort had the worst internet connection (talk about a first world-problem), and after I quite literally exhausted all my phone data for the month, I’m happy to be home where the Wi-fi is strong. 😉
- Puppy love. My pup is an excellent traveler, but on the occasions where he can’t go along, I miss his furry little face. He’s alway excited for love and snuggles when we get home, and then he has to ignore us for a while as punishment for not being allowed to go, too, followed (of course) by more love and snuggles.
- Quiet. One of the great things about traveling is being surrounded by people and noise, but it can also be one of the most draining. One of the best things about home is the quiet.
- Experiences. I can joke about the poor internet, scratchy sheets, or long car rides and airline delays, but I’m really very thankful for the time and the means to be able to travel and have new experiences. Travel can give you a lot of perspective, and it also makes having a home to return to even sweeter.