During the summer I always want to bake something lemony, and although the blueberry is definitely the more dominate flavor, this quick bread that I adapted from Julia’s Album is a winner!
Blueberry Lemon Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (+ 2 more tablespoons for dusting blueberries)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 carton blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit (or 175° C)
- Grease loaf pan with butter
- Coat blueberries in extra flour before you add them to the mix.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and lemon juice together thoroughly.
- If you have a stand mixer, just keep adding the remaining ingredients , if not do the following:
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl, and then fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while alternating with the milk so that it incorporates well.
- Fold blueberries into the complete mixture.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes away clean.
- Cool in pan for 30+ minutes before slicing.
- Be sure to coat your blueberries in flour because they will all sink to the bottom otherwise.
- The original ingredients also suggested adding 2 tablespoons of lemon zest to add to the lemon flavor. (I didn’t have any fresh lemons on hand.)